These buildings provide life support for HQs.
Factories process resources to produce other resources.
Mining buildings harvest resources from the ground and must be placed on tiles with the appropriate resource deposits.
Bonuses can be obtained by grouping the same buildings together on adjacent tiles.
Where one Greenhouse Farm produces 0.5 /s, two adjacent Greenhouse Farms produce 0.75 /s each, and three adjacent Greenhouse Farms produce 0.875 /s each.
If you have two buildings of the same type adjacent to one another, each building will get a 50% bonus to production. A building with two of the same type adjacent to it gets a 75% bonus to production. 3 adjacent gets an 85% bonus.
- This means that 2 adjacent buildings will have the production of 3 non-adjacent ones, 3 adjacent buildings will have the production of 5.25, and 4 adjacent buildings will have the production of 7.2.
- The Robotic HQ gets an adjacency bonus for manufacturing buildings next to their primary resource being mined/pumped/condensed. The mine/pump/condenser does not get a bonus, however.
Robotic HQ Example: A Solar Condenser on dry ice will provide an adjacency bonus to any building that requires oxygen or carbon to manufacture its resource. So, an Electronics Factory, a Chemical Refinery, and a Glass Kiln would all receive an adjacency bonus for being next to it.
- This bonus to production does not increase the cost of power or primary resources these buildings use.
- Advanced buildings do not get an adjacency bonus from being next to another advanced building of the same type.
- Advanced buildings get a 10% bonus from being constructed next to their preferred Colony building.
Power consumption can be replaced with water (cold fusion) or fuel (fuel only HQ campaign bonus).
All output values in this table are subject to multipliers via optimization, adjacency, and campaign engineers.
Transporting resources costs 0.2/s fuel, power (robotic HQ), or water (water engine) using freighters; or nothing at all via teleportation.
Various other modifications are possible via patents.