|A building is a structure used to collect resources, produce resources, or serve an advanced purpose in Offworld Trading Company. A tile can contain one building at a time. Buildings can be scrapped to make room for different buildings. Researching the Nanotech patent in the Patent Lab will return resources when scrapping buildings.|
Types of buildings[edit | edit source]
Power[edit | edit source]
Life support[edit | edit source]
Factories[edit | edit source]
Factories process resources to produce other resources.
Mines[edit | edit source]
Mining buildings harvest resources from the ground and must be placed on tiles with the appropriate resource deposits.
Advanced[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
Adjacency Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Bonuses can be obtained by grouping the same buildings together on adjacent tiles.
Where one Greenhouse Farm produces 0.5 /s, two adjacent Greenhouse Farms produce 0.75 /s each, and three adjacent Greenhouse Farms produce 0.875 /s each.
If you have two buildings of the same type adjacent to one another, each building will get a 50% bonus to production. A building with two of the same type adjacent to it gets a 75% bonus to production. 3 adjacent gets an 85% bonus.
- This means that 2 adjacent buildings will have the production of 3 non-adjacent ones, 3 adjacent buildings will have the production of 5.25, and 4 adjacent buildings will have the production of 7.2.
- The Robotic HQ gets an adjacency bonus for manufacturing buildings next to their primary resource being mined/pumped/condensed. The mine/pump/condenser does not get a bonus, however.
Robotic HQ Example: A Solar Condenser on dry ice will provide an adjacency bonus to any building that requires oxygen or carbon to manufacture its resource. So, an Electronics Factory, a Chemical Refinery, and a Glass Kiln would all receive an adjacency bonus for being next to it.
- This bonus to production does not increase the cost of power or primary resources these buildings use.
- Advanced buildings do not get an adjacency bonus from being next to another advanced building of the same type.
- Advanced buildings get a 10% bonus from being constructed next to their preferred Colony building.
Construction Costs[edit | edit source]
Resource Processing[edit | edit source]
Power consumption can be replaced with water (cold fusion) or fuel (fuel only HQ campaign bonus).
Various other modifications are possible via patents.
|Solar Condenser||0||+1.5 (water)||+0.5 (dry)||+0.5 (dry)|
|Geothermal Plant • Nuclear Plant • Solar Panel • Wind Turbine • Water Pump • Solar Condenser • Greenhouse Farm • Electrolysis Reactor • Metal Mine • Steel Mill • Elemental Quarry • Chemical Refinery • Glass Kiln • Electronics Factory|
|Patent Lab • Optimization Center • Pleasure Dome • Hacker Array • Offworld Market|
|Colony Buildings • HQ|